Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Miracle Gro... I have just started seeds (veggies & flowers)...when...?

I am not a 'green thumb' and I just planted some seeds with my son (homeschooled, he is 9 years old)...



I have Miracle Gro in my 'online store,' which I could use some for my own use...



When should I apply it to the seeds... they are growing so fast without it... I just didn't know if I should wait, because I really, don't know much about this kind of thing.



The seeds were planted on Saturday, and within about a 4-6 hour span... continually (like if I checked them that often)... we can see growth. We were gone for 12 hours today, and they were bigger by about 1/4 inch!! Some, overnight (about 8 hours last night) grew an entire inch... from under the soil... to above and completely one inch tall!!



That is seeds in a homemade, card board box with plastic wrap sides and top... and peat/soil mix in peat formed trays (to plant in the ground later).



Should I use miracle gro now... or later when I transplant them?



Thanks.



I appreciate your help.

Miracle Gro... I have just started seeds (veggies %26amp; flowers)...when...?
your seedlings do not require any fertilization whatsoever, in fact if you fertilized them now you could cause damage by burning them (chemically). It's best to wait until they are well established plants, and after they are transplanted. And of course be careful to follow the amounts set out on the label of the product you by as more is not better.


No comments:

Post a Comment